TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
By accessing any pages of this website, the person accessing this website (hereinafter referred to as the accessor) agrees to abide by and remain bound by the Terms and Conditions, and to accept any disclaimer, as recorded herein below:
1.1 The contents of this Website, including but not limited to its compilation and arrangement, is the exclusive property of Mediamark (PTY) Ltd a division of Kagiso Broadcasting (Pty) Ltd and Lagadere Active, alternatively the suppliers of content to Mediamark, and accordingly remain protected by South African and International Copyright and Trademark laws.
1.2 Copy, disseminate, distribute, advertise, publish, adapt, modify or in any way reproduce the contents of this website for commercial purposes, unless this notice and any disclaimer attached thereto is published in its entirety, or unless the permission of Mediamark (PTY) Ltd(Pty) Ltd is obtained in writing.
The word or mark "Mediamark and In the Now Know, however presented, including all associated logos and symbols and combinations of any of the aforegoing with another word or mark, used on this site, are the trademarks of Mediamark. The logos and symbols displayed on the website cannot be utilized in any form whatsoever without the written permission of Mediamark.
- LINKS AND SERVICES
During the course of operating this website, the accessor may come across or access other interrelated Internet websites. Such links are established for the accessor's convenience only. Mediamark (PTY) Ltd shall be exempt from any liability in respect of the accessor's use of such interrelated websites. The individual terms and conditions shall bind the accessor for the use of such interrelated website.
- RULES OF CONDUCT
Mediamark (PTY) Ltd may from time to time establish bulletin boards, discussion forums, chatrooms and the like. Accessors utilizing such forums will be bound by the following conditions:
4.1 Mediamark (PTY) Ltd reserves the right to edit, delete, or review any submissions which it views defamatory, abusive, illegal, and unconstitutional or contrary to the interests of Mediamark (PTY) Ltd or the brands it represents.
4.2 The accessor shall not be entitled to submit illegal or unconstitutional material.
4.3 The accessor shall not submit material for the purposes of "spamming".
4.4 The accessor shall not submit material which is or may be classified as being indecent, vulgar, defamatory, abusive, profane, and pornographic or which may be information constituting a criminal offence and / or may incur civil liability in terms of South African Law.
4.5 The accessor warrants that the submission of any material does not constitute the infringement of copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property right of any other person, alternatively that he/she has obtained the permission of such other person, company or entity to submit such material.
4.6 The accessor will not submit any material to Mediamark, which contains harmful material or a virus of any nature.
4.7 The accessor will not submit any material with purpose of utilizing the Mediamark (PTY) Ltd In the KNOW NOW website for commercial purposes, or which may contain marketing or promotional material, or which intends to solicit donations on or through the Mediamark (PTY) Ltd In the KNOW NOW website.
- INDEMNITY AND DISCLAIMER
5.1 The accessor utilizing the Mediamark (PTY) Ltd In the KNOW NOW website, does so entirely at his/her own risk and entirely on an "As Is" basis.
5.2 Mediamark (PTY) Ltd does not warrant, nor does it make any representations, express or implied, as to the veracity, correctness or accuracy of any information, data, services, products, material, logo's, text or graphics appearing on this website.
5.3 Mediamark (PTY) Ltd makes no warranties and/or representations express or implied, as to the contents of this website, nor the operation of this website.
5.4 Mediamark (PTY) Ltd does not warrant nor does it make any representations for the proper performance of this website, the accuracy of the images, timeliness or completeness of information or that the website will be free of harmful material and viruses.
5.5 The accessor accordingly Mediamark (PTY) Ltd against all and any damages (be it special, consequential, punitive, direct or indirect), loss, and actions and any consequent costs incurred or awarded, whether arising out of any criminal or civil action against the accessor, and irrespective of whether such action is based on contract, negligence, derelict or any other cause of action, arising from but not limited to:
5.5.1 Any or all failure, delay or interruption of the website; or
5.5.2 The use of this website; or
5.5.3 The information or contents contained in this website; or
5.5.4 Any products, services and the like obtained from this website.
- AGREEMENT AS TO USE
6.1 By using and/or accessing the contents of this website the accessor accepts the terms and conditions hereof which are binding on the accessor.
6.2 Should the accessor violate any of the terms and conditions contained herein, Mediamark (PTY) Ltd reserves the right to institute the appropriate legal proceedings against the accessor.
6.3 By using or accessing, uploading or sending us your personal details via a competition email and web link; you consent that Mediamark (PTY) Ltd may use the information you submit. We protect your personal information and only use and disclose your personal information in compliance with Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002.
- IN THE KNOW NOW COURSES
With regards to any and all courses offered
7.1 Seats are limited for each session
7.2 Mediamark (PTY) Ltd reserves the right of admission.
7.3 Mediamark (PTY) Ltd makes no warranties and/or representations express or implied, as to the contents and dates of the courses which is subject to change without notice.
- SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
The position of Mediamark (PTY) Ltd is that anything posted to a social network by an employee or representative of the brand (including Independent Contractors) should conform to the same standards expected of material we would confidently broadcast via the advertising we sell.
As a business that exists to communicate to people, and cultivate relationships with them, clients and other stakeholders, we believe that our staff and brand representatives should behave more cautiously on social media platforms than would be the case if we were in a different industry.
We encourage our staff to write knowledgeably, accurately, and use appropriate professionalism. This encompasses respecting differences and appreciating diversity of opinions.
If you see, hear or read anything posted by station staff and representatives on social media or social networking platforms that you feel reflects poorly on our station or station staff, please inform us by emailing email@example.com Stories
#mmintheknow Riddles Terms and Conditions
- “#mmintheknow Riddles” (the “Competition”) is conducted by Mediamark (Pty) LTD.
- The competition is open to members of the public residing in South Africa only. Directors, members, agents, employees and immediate family members of any employees of the promoter are not permitted to enter.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, associated, or administered by Facebook or Twitter.
- By entering the competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the promoter in its sole discretion, and its decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding.
- The competition will run on Facebook and Twitter from Monday, 27 March 2017 at 08:00 until Friday, 7 April 2017 at 16:00. Only entries submitted within this period will be considered and judged as legitimate entries.
- Entering #mmintheknow Riddles:
- One riddle, in the form of an image, will be shared to both the Mediamark Facebook and Twitter pages per week day for the period of the competition (refer to point 6 above.)
- To enter on Facebook, entrants must simply comment on the riddle image with the answer to the riddle and include the hashtag #mmintheknow.
- To enter on Twitter, entrants must reply to the tweet of the riddle image with the answer and include the hashtag #mmintheknow.
- Winner selection:
- One winner will be selected per riddle and will be selected via random draw.
- Judges will select the winner and decision is final.
- The winner will be contacted via the platform that he/she entered on within 3 days of entry.
- If a winner does not respond within 7 days of being notified by Mediamark, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Mediamark will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- Prizes are not transferable, and no substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted.
- In the event of any dispute whatsoever, the decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Mediamark will not be held liable for any misinterpretation of the prize, rules and conditions or any specific part thereof.
- Different prizes will be issued for each riddle and will be hand delivered or couriered to the winner to a location within South Africa.